Virus from WK? J0zo0h
Welcome to the HuG & KisS guild website! This is either your first time visiting the site or you are not logged in. Please login or register. If you wish to continue browsing our site as a guest, please click the 'Do not display again' button, however we encourage all visitors to register, as some content are only visible through membership.
Virus from WK? J0zo0h
Welcome to the HuG & KisS guild website! This is either your first time visiting the site or you are not logged in. Please login or register. If you wish to continue browsing our site as a guest, please click the 'Do not display again' button, however we encourage all visitors to register, as some content are only visible through membership.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virus from WK?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iKarma

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Hey guys it's Jakeeee =].....I haven't been on recently because I somehow got a virus called a "Decompression Bomb" that supposedly came from WK so I had to uninstall D=.....I was jw if anyone knew about this/what happened and if this definitely was from WK or maybe it's a hack...idk I was just wondering if you guys knew anything about it...help appreciated =]
Back to top Go down
Nikky-Chan

Nikky-Chan

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm

It's a hack generally implemented through third party programs, or web pages, designed to specifically target a computer when a certain program or action is taken.

1.You tried downloading a hack from the wrong place
2.You visited a false wonderking website on accident
3. A very skilled hacker had time to actually put the virus into your computer through the system directly through your wk terminal. (that would take a lot of time and skill)
4.It isn't a virus at all, but an error that your computer/antivirus thinks is a virus.

Any of these (with the exception of 3) is very possible. And if you are legit, that narrows it down to two.

If your antivirus doesn't take care of it, run file check, or re-download the game if needed.
Back to top Go down
iKarma

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:59 am

I'm legit I don't hack >.>....and the only websites ive visited thats even related to WK is this forum and the official website....i don't think i would be hacked like that....im only lvl 42 D=.....and for some reason it made it so that I couldn't log into my personal profile on my comp and had to make a new one....so you think I can download it again and not have problems? Because I really wanna play =[
Back to top Go down
Nikky-Chan

Nikky-Chan

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Go to system tools, and do system restore to a date before you had the problem, redowload the game, and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Nagisa255

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Generally, if you think you have a virus, do not run the system restore, or so I've been told by a few other techs.

I recommend downloading Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from malwarebytes.org It is a VERY powerful and free virus/trojan removal program. Make sure you update it and run a full scan. Depending on your computer, it may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours or so. Delete whatever it finds.

Download Ccleaner from ccleaner.com also. Helps clean up unnecessary clutter and registry errors. Helps speed things up a bit. If you need an anti-virus, Avast! antivirus is also a good free program. avast.com
Back to top Go down
Nikky-Chan

Nikky-Chan

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am

The compression bomb is a part of the WK folder that a lot of antivirus software sees as a threat, it's actually part of FLORA.exe and is nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Virus from WK? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus from WK?   Virus from WK? Empty

Back to top Go down

Virus from WK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Wonderking :: Techinical Issues-
Jump to: